April 25, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason

2006, a year old in the IT world when I realized coding is not what I want to do for a living. Not knowing what I should do either I thought  I am not prepared for the corporate world yet. I thought I really haven’t had my share of fun and relaxing days. So, getting back to college again was my easy way out. I thought having another degree under my hat, probably from a foreign country, would bring me big money without any efforts– and what could have been easier or better than choosing US of A, the place where the rest of the the crowd was headed too. I guess at this point, I was really trying to run away from all the problems like a coward and it was very easy to convince my family to support me into this, giving them the hope that I would make them proud and I was destined to be something other than what I was blah blah blah…
While I was on my way to step outside the country, I am introduced to this guy virtually(over email), who could help me in the process of realizing my American dream. I thought he was just another usual guy you come across in your life. I had approached him for help, but I wasn’t too comfortable asking a stranger, even better, somebody I had never seen to help me. He, not knowing who I was, or what I was, offered his help. He was ready to go out of his way to help me, and this had never happened to me before. I always had to fight to get even what I deserve. For the first time, I was made to feel like I was blessed with this helping hand. One fine day, we met and nothing unusual happened. All I remember was that he was a very friendly, kind and a warm person. Then, it was time for me to leave and we knew we would keep in touch. After I was in this foreign country, I don’t if it was my loneliness, or was it having too much time on hand, I became friends with my guardian angel who was far away from me in no time through emails and regular chats. I was very impressed with him in a strange way and his words were music to my ears. I thought God had created him based on my requirements, he was perfect to the T. He showered me with all the attention I wanted, he listened to all the crap I spoke and he spoke only what I wanted to hear. He was like this magician, whose tricks always amaze you and I was like this kid who wanted to see more and more. Though we were 1000 miles away, we knew everything about each others day to day life, as though we lived 24/7 together. I definitely thought we met for a reason.

And before I realized, and it was too late when I did, I was addicted to him. I could never stop myself from mailing him, I went crazy for him and within no time, I fell head over heals for him. This was something that I had never experienced before and I thought this cannot be anything but LOVE. Yes, I thought the cupid had struck me too with this most beautiful thing in it’s purest and innocent form, the holy Love.  He reciprocated to me the way I wanted him to. He said sorry, when I made a mistake… he would make up every single time we fought….I couldn’t have asked for more. I was this mature, soft spoken girl to the outside world, but when it came to him, I was this crazy, immature, stupid, dumb girl with no control over her thoughts or words and I don’t blame him for thinking I was one.  He was a sweetheart though, who tolerated me for all I did was, hurt him in every possible way I could… so I still wondered if we met for a reason
Days passed by, and it soon became very hard for me to hold on to my feelings. I felt it is not fair for him to not know how I feel about him. One would think the hardest thing to do is to express your true feelings for someone, but I think it’s the hardest to keep it to yourself. It was suffocating for me to not tell and so, one fine day, I burst the bubble, only to find out the feelings weren’t mutual. He was definitely happy to know about it but I’m sure he wasn’t very happy that he didn’t feel the same way. For me, that wasn’t too bad to accept at all…. the thing that hurt the most was when we decided it’s not right for us to be friends, if I still continued to have feelings, which I did and that is when it all ended. It was OVER. So, did we really meet for a reason? Probably…. just to hurt ourselves.. and did this happen for the best?
It wasn’t over Forever though……

Authspot

No comments:

Post a Comment