May 18, 2011

Tips for Feeling Younger


Recently I was diagnosed with an illness where everyday, every hour was an absolute struggle. I still am battling my illness, and while I feel like an elderly person, I decided it may be a good idea to share my tips for pushing myself to do better everyday and stay “young”. This can be helpful if you’re depressed, sad, feeling down, or actually sick.

Make an agenda everyday and stick to it
It can be hard, but writing down what you have to do everyday can help. Pick times to do these things everyday and do your best to make sure you push yourself to get those things done. Have nothing to do? Go for a walk. Read a page in book. Simple stuff like that will make you feel better.


Get a friend of family member involved
Let someone know how you’re feeling. This way, someone will check in with you everyday and maybe they can help push you do to more everyday and help you to feel better.

Eat
I deal with this problem, and argued with people that it is not important. I was proven wrong! Eat a little even when you feel you can’t, and eat well. Fruit in the morning, a good lunch, etc. It will help!

Go outside
Fresh air always helps, even if you’re dealing with allergies. It’s nice to be out in the bright light and a different type of environment.

Go somewhere
It’s similar to going outside. Run an errand. Pick up something at the store you may not really need, but will this week. Pick up a card for someone just because you thought of them. Go to the library, etc. It’s good to get out. Bring a friend with you! Take your dog to park. Go get a coffee and sit outside. Or sit in the park with some coffee or tea from home. Not everything takes money, of course!

Don’t avoid how you’re feeling
I did this and it really made me feel worse. Onc


Image by I Should Be Folding Laundry via Flickr

e I let everyone know I was feeling a certain way about being sick, they were able to talk to me about it. It didn’t consume the day or entire time I saw that person, but it was nice to sort of have them take some of the load off me. Keeping all that on you can be draining, and it isn’t fair. Let people around you know what’s up. Talk to them even if they don’t seem to be listening. If they don’t seem to want to listen, find someone who will.

Share in the comments what makes you feel matter, what makes you feel young, even when you feel like you’re at your worse?

Healthmad



No comments:

Post a Comment